Thursday 1 March 2018

Happy March!


Happy March to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch

"Wo bleibt er denn?"
"Where is he then?" 


March was the first month of the Roman calendar. 
It was named after their god of war, Mars. 

The birthstone of this month is the jasper, another quartz, mostly red, yellow or brown. The green version with red spots is called heliotrope or bloodstone and this is the one that usually is considered the birthstone for March.
Enjoy this month with the beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch. I think we can all guess what the little birdie is looking out for: Spring!

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the first flowers too. Thanks for all the info on the month. Some of my favorite people were born in March! Happy March to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy looking up that kind of information and why shouldn't I pass it on. Whoever doesn't like it, can read over it. LOL.

      I don't know many people who were born in March but my father was and my best FB friend. So, yes, it is a special month for me, too.

      Delete