Wednesday 17 May 2017

Ballantyne, Tony "Dream London" - 2013


Ballantyne, Tony "Dream London" - 2013

I love London and I love reading about it. I also love dreaming about it but this book was not my thing. Too much fantasy, too little of anything else, the plot goes all over the place and makes no sense at all. Not my type of book.

I doubt I will read another book of "The Dream World" series, looks like Paris is the next one. I think I rather read something historical about them, like anything by Edward Rutherfurd.

From the back cover:
"Captain Jim Wedderburn has looks, style and courage. He's adored by women, respected by men and feared by his enemies. He's the man to find out who has twisted London into this strange new world.

But in Dream London the city changes a little every night and the people change a little every day. The towers are growing taller, the parks have hidden themselves away and the streets form themselves into strange new patterns. There are people sailing in from new lands down the river, new criminals emerging in the East End and a path spiralling down to another world.

Everyone is changing, no one is who they seem to be."

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we hit a dud. This book certainly got very mixed reviews on Goodreads. Perhaps it is for a select group of readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is a great book if you love science fiction or fantasy. Since I don't, it isn't. I only bought it because of the "London" in the title. Should teach me a lesson. LOL. But we all have to find a bad book from time to dime, don't we?

      Anyway, let's hope our next books are all going to be great!
      Marianne

      Delete